Sacral (brick and stone) architecture
Brynica – more than 100-year-old St. Szczepan Parish Church. It is worth seeing a high altar dating back to the 17th century with sculptures of St. Norbert, St. Jadwiga, the Archangel Michael; side altars and pulpit were built around the year of 1700.
Chróścice – St. Jadwiga Parish Church, first mentioned in 1687 as a branch church of the Siołkowice parish. The present day church was built in 1804 and extended later in the years 1936-1937 by the architect from Neisse, Felix Hinsen, in the form of the three-nave basilica. The high neo-baroque altar harbours baroque tabernacle dating back to the 18th century.
Czarnowąsy – post-Premonstratesian convent. In 1288 the Prince of Opole – Casimir – decided to move the Premonstratesian convent from Rybnik to Czarnowąsy and named it the House of Lord (Bożydom). Currently, the convent of Jadwiżanki sisters run the community care centre for disabled, handicapped and mentally-impaired children.
St. Norbert and Corpus Christi Church, stoned, was probably built in the middle of the 13th century. It was thoroughly rebuilt in 1777 when it acquired a neo-baroque style, later enriched with gothic relicts. The benches decorated with low reliefs, marble baptismal font, confessional, sculptures and paintings of the saints all date back to the 17th and 18th century.
Dąbrowa – a bricked St. Lawrence Church was built around 1600 in post-Renaissance style. It was thoroughly rebuilt two times over the 19th century and in 1948 it was thoroughly renovated after the World War II.
Dobrzeń Wielki – an old St. Katharine Parish Church was built in 1934. Today it houses the Caritas charity station. Inside the church one may admire a baroque picture of St. Anne which was painted on wood.
Prószków – a bricked baroque St. George Church was built in 1678. It was first mentioned in 1447.
The present day church was built in baroque style in 1687, with stucco and pictorial ornaments dating back to the 17th century as well as cartouches featuring coats of arms of the aristocratic family of Prószkowscy.
On the parish premises one may admire a plebeian barn dating back to 1733 together with the farm granary from 1784.
Popielów – The Blessed Hail Mary Church was built in the years of 1888-1889 on the spot of wooden church which had been relocated to the graveyard. Particularly conspicuous are the baroque side altars dating back to the 2nd half of the 17th century.
Ozimek – a late-Classical Protestant church from 1819 was built in accordance with the project design of Karl Friedrich Schinckl, the author of numerous monumental constructions in Berlin.
Luboszyce – St. Anthony Church dates back to the year of 1920. The front and side wall of the chancel feature a mosaic of St. Anthony, a patron saint of the church, as well as St. Urban and St. Paul.
Krasiejów – A neo-baroque St. Margaret Church was built in 1912. The side altar features a copy of the painting of Virgin Mary of Czestochowa dating back to the 17th century, one of the oldest copies in Poland.
A neo-gothic church from 1891 is a central sanctuary for members of the Association of Siberian Deportees.
Karłowice – The Archangel Michael Church. It was first mentioned in 1500 and from 1534 it was owned by the Protestant parish. After World War II it was taken over by the Catholics. The present day church was built in the 19th century on the spot of the previous church. Particularly conspicuous are the two-part choir stalls dating back to the 16th century (remains after the masters of the castle).
Kup – St. George Parish Church was built in the years of 1897-1898 as a bricked construction; the second church, a post-Protestant Mother of God of Incessant Assistance Church, was built in 1894.
Niemodlin – the Ascension of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church with the chancel dating back to the 14th century, the church tower and the central nave dating back to later times. The church is characteristic of gothic style with baroque modifications. Inside the church one may admire, among others, a baroque pulpit from the 18th century, historic side altars and Renaissance bell from 1522.
Zimnice Wielkie – St. John the Baptist Church was built in the 15th century, redesigned in the 18th century (the tower has been added to the main church hall). The chancel harbours polychrome featuring decorative stripes, plant twig, birds, rosettes and the Silesian eagle on the keystone, all of them dating back to the 15th century.
Luboszyce – St. Anthony Church dating back to 1920. The front and side wall of the chancel feature a mosaic of St. Anthony, a patron saint of the church, as well as St. Urban and St. Paul.
Krasiejów – a neo-baroque St. Margaret Church was built in 1912. The side altar features a copy of the painting of Virgin Mary of Czestochowa dating back to the 17th century, one of the oldest copies in Poland.
Grodziec – a neo-gothic church dates back to 1891 and is a central sanctuary for members of the Association of Siberian Deportees.
Chróścina – SS Peter and Paul Parish Church. The church was first mentioned in 1371. The present day construction dates back to 1792. What is particularly noteworthy are the two baroque sculptures of St. Barbara and St. Jadwiga, which are both situated at the right side altar, and the baptismal font dating back to the 17th century.
The Bell Tower was probably built around 15th century and has been preserved in the gothic style. Situated close to the road, it also functions as the gate to the church graveyard.
Dąbrówka Łubiańska – a chapel and well located deep in the forest were built in the 19th century as bricked contructions. Inside the chapel, one may find a sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary from the 18th century as well as the sculpture of St. John Napomucen (made at the turn of 17th and 18 century) . Inside the chapel one may admire miraculous well with healing water. No wonder that it is a destination for many pilgrims from the local area.
Jełowa – St. Bartholomew Church built in 1751 on the spot of the wooden church which had been built there in 1645.